I can’t believe my wedding is this soon. I want to throw up, dance and go to sleep all at the same time. Shit is fucking stressful and I feel like all the last minute planning is 100% taking a toll on my skin. Ever since my beauty photo shoot with The Knot – which I still can’t get over – I’ve been thinking a ton about how I should be taking better care of myself in the next few weeks. So here are just some small things I am doing to make a big difference on the big day and some extra behind the scenes photos from shoot day:
1. No soda or alcohol. Water and seltzer only: This is so hard. I feel like an alcoholic. I’ve been meaning to cut down on soda and vodka for a while and now that I have, I know why it took me so long to do so. Meals are so much less fun without Diet Coke. And parties are soooooo much less fun without liquor! Who knew?
2. Moisturize and hydrate: My skin tends to be on the dryer side so I am investing heavily in moisture. I actually went to the Caudalie Spa and did a hydrating facial, where she put some magical potions on my skin that made it very soft. Then she extracted the shit out of my nose and chin, which felt terrible but looked awesome. Another thing I am adding to my pre-bed routine is a La Mer night cream. It’s normally like $300 a bottle but Jackie and I go into random stores that sell it and take “samples.” I’m good on La Mer for about another month.
3. Lashes and brows: As you know I’ve been using Castor Oil on my eyebrows and Rodan + Fields Lash Boost on my lashes for a while. The lash boost is definitely working and until the wedding I am doubling up on applications. I want big luscious and bushy lashes and brows for the wedding so I am going a little nuts.
4. No hot tools: I haven’t used a blow dryer, curling iron or flat iron in over a week and won’t until the wedding. It makes my hair frizzy and causes breaks/dead ends. I’m giving my hair a nice break, washing it every other day so it’s shiny and full on the day of! I’ll probably do a hair mask or two the week of the wedding as well.
5. Exfoliating: I am getting all of my physical and emotional dead skin off of me this week. Lol, kidding. Like I said, I am dryer than the Sahara so I am using the FabGirlScrub from Bliss to clear up my arms, legs and any other dry areas. That way, when I get my spray tan for the wedding, it will go on smoothly instead of looking cracked and sad.
Anyways, I’m going back to the whirlwind that is wedding planning, but I really enjoyed taking this small break to talk to you guys. Keep the advice coming to my DMs – it’s super helpful!